- The DBX Comp features a low-profile shape designed specifically to meet the specific range-of-motion needs of cyclists.
- The brace is constructed from fiberglass reinforced polyamide resin, whereby microscopic glass beads are infused into the plastic to increase its bond-strength. This makes for a controlled, stronger brace, without compromising the wearer’s safety.
- Certain parts of the brace are constructed from carbon-fiber that is reinforced with Kevlar. This helps prevent the parts from shattering and sharp edges to protrude.
- At the back of the brace, fitting firmly on the muscles surrounding the spine, sits an engineered thoracic member that helps keep the brace in position during an impact. This strut is designed to snap off at a certain force (roughly, one third of the force it takes to injure the spine).
- The rear-upper support acts as a crumple-zone, giving way under a severe load in certain circumstances.
- A unique cut-out section helps ensure the brace and helmet avoids contact with the collarbone.
- Rounding off the construction of the brace is shock-absorbing Bio-foam. Biomechanically designed to help cushion the chin and contain the brace material in an accident, Bio-foam is also fully replaceable and machine-washable.
- The brace features two red-coloured clips that identifies emergency openings to paramedics.
- Leatt-Brace is CE certified (according to Personal Protective Equipment directive 89/686/EEC) and all materials used have been chemically tested and certified, so it is free of lead and other harmful additives.
- Maximum adjustability on the DBX Comp brace is achieved through six independent adjustment points and the brace is adjustable to suit most individual rider’s needs.
- Weight: approximately 790g ± 50g.
The item is in very good condition. Please see photos. Photos are of the actual Leatt DBX Comp Mike Day 2011 Neck Brace for sale.